Our periodic reminder of all the stuff you need to be putting in your diary, or ordering, or listening to and so on. The release of At Ebbw Vale has made everything a bit bonkers, and it’s impossible to keep up with all the radio shows and podcasts we’re appearing on. Let us know if you spot any that we haven’t alerted you to.
- 5th December. 13th Note. Glasgow. If you’re in Scotland, come. If you have friends in Glasgow, tell them about this. We’d love to play to a packed room up there.
- 18th December. Upstairs at the Garage (Highbury Corner, London). Not strictly a Thee Faction gig. We’re special guests at the Uncle Bob’s Wedding Reception Reunion. Tickets in advance only, so click through to get some. It will be a brilliant Xmas knees-up. If you remember Uncle Bob’s as the place to be seen if you were an indie scenester in the 90s, now is your chance to relive those old days. If you’re coming to see Thee Faction, even better. We’re going to be great. It’s your first chance to hear some of the songs off the next album: The Beauty of Marx.
- 21st January 2011. Half Moon, Putney. Again, not strictly a gig. This time it is the launch of a new club night: The DDR of R’n’B. Thee Faction are playing. The Nuns are playing. And in between, special guest DJ Billy Reeves (Guilty Pleasures), and Nylons and Baby Face of Thee Faction, will be playing Socialist Soul, Rebellious Rockabilly, and Revolutionary Rhythm & Blues. The club will run semi-regularly, but this is the launch. It’s also Baby Face’s birthday party. An unmissable night. Put it in your diary now. In fact, buy tickets.
- Our album At Ebbw Vale is out now. You all know the story behind it. Now you need to own it. For £8.50 you get a CD, a free 12″ slab of vinyl (both CD and vinyl have the same 12 song Ebbw Vale set on), a badge, and all manner of postage and packing. This is phenomenal value. Pop over to Soviet Beret Records now and order your copy. The comrades will pop it straight into the post for you.
Other places to hear us:
- The Shend plays us on his podcast, and says some lovely things about the album. Go and listen. We’re in good company – there are some tremendous records on the show.
- Nostalgia of the Future featured us on their podcast the other week. The whole programme is devoted to Thee Faction: the history, the comeback and the fightback. Listen here.
- Comrade Simon Price has somehow secured himself a BBC show. He played us on it on Sunday. Listen 14 minutes in. Not so much for the song (Union Man) but for the BBC/NUJ strike context, and for Comrade Price’s amusement at our troubled backstory.
- The Scottish Socialist Party have a splendid occasional podcast. Lots of politics, lots of culture. They feature Thee Faction on this week’s webisode. Listen here. Not only do you get Union Man/Proletarian Man and Conservative Friend, and a sleepy sounding message from Baby Face, you also get the Manics and Gil Scott Heron. Hope we see lots of the SSP comrades at the Glasgow gig.
Spread the word, brothers and sisters. Email your friends and tell them to buy the record, and come and watch us sing and play. ‘Like’ us on facebook. Follow us on Twitter. The war of position is underway, but we have to take people with us. Help that happen.